Thursday, July 2, 2009

Haiti Orphanage Clothes Drive

This from Jeff Bradshaw of United Missions:

When I was down in Haiti 2 weeks ago I had the opportunity to visit 2 orphanages and the
children (mostly ages 2 thru 13 with a total of 52 in both orphanages) are in dire need of clothes donations.

Since, I am sending a pickup truck to Haiti in August that has a topper I’ve decided to have
a drive for used clothing for the children that I can put in the back of the pickup.

The children needs are:
girls – shirts/blouses, skirts and dresses (shorts okay)
sandals and flip flops
Note: They don’t wear pants in Haitian Culture

boys – shirts, shorts, pants
any shoes but sandals and flip flops are best for climate

Other children items I am going to purchase/ship are: toothpaste, toothbrushes, school supplies
and underwear (new only)

Thank you in advance for any items you might donate.

~Please contact CGC (connectinggodschildren@gmail.com) if you have items to donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment